Friday, May 18, 2012

Smooth sailing (with a few strong winds)

So far, so good! Had another appointment yesterday for heart tones and to see how things were going. He was moving around (kicking mostly) and we could hear it even if I couldn't feel it at all (still). Don't get me wrong - I'm starting to feel him more and more. He loves to kick. Maybe I'll have a swimmer or soccer player or even a karate kid on my hands :) I can't wait to meet him. Ok, maybe I can wait - I'd rather him come on time and not early! Mom and Dad aren't ready yet and baby needs to bake longer himself, hehe.

As I mentioned in my personal blog I'm trying to focus on the positive lately. I'm 23 weeks today and at the start of every week, I get a little "what to expect this week" email from babygaga. A portion of today's email actually tied quite nicely in to this topic:

"Stress during pregnancy is quite literally BAD for your baby's developing brain. It's time to clean out the toxic relationships and situations in your life for your sake and your child's sake.

Take the time to center and be quiet - to reflect on the growing life inside of you and the future you will share together. Read up on infant development and attachment to start preparing yourself for the first time you meet your child."

23 weeks~


1 comment: