I've been pretty lazy about blogging lately - that's because I've been so excited getting things planned out for little froggy's room (and the rest of our house..) that all my creative energy has been shifted that way leaving me to stare blankly at this very white blogger interface with very little to say at the end of the day, heh.
So here is an update I promised a while ago!
I am still waiting to hear the results from my ultrasound. It's been almost two weeks. Sure I know we're having a boy but I thought the reason for the ultrasound was to take measurements, etc so that we knew he was growing adequately. I'm really annoyed at my clinic because I always feel like I have to hound them to get any information from them. And I feel like when I call, they act like I'm either being a hypochondriac or a nuisance. I also hate how he has Wednesdays off... When I call my doctor, even on a Wednesday, I'd like an answer... :( Oh well, griping aside, I'll let you know when/what I find out.
From the ultrasound appointment, I learned I currently have an anterior placenta. The technician assured me this was ok but that's all she said. I googled it (do yourself a favor and NEVER google your appointment results or you will somehow self-diagnose yourself with something ridiculous that isn't anywhere close to what you really have!) and found this is why I haven't been feeling little froggy as much as I thought I should be feeling him. I thought for sure by 20 weeks I'd be getting kicked pretty regularly. Guess not. I'll be 22 weeks on Friday and have only felt him moving around a few times. On Sunday, when we were picking out his room colors at Home Depot, he was going CRAZY in there - I don't think I've ever felt him so intensely. It was both super weird and cool at the same time. Guess he somehow liked his colors we picked (or hated them and we misinterpreted, haha. Too bad kiddo!)
How have I been doing? Well, honestly, this sciatic nerve pain has been almost unbearable. It's brought me to tears a few times just trying to stand up and walk. I have a chiropractor appointment tonight and hope she can get me adjusted well enough to get some relief.
I've also started getting more hungry. I wish I wasn't... But it sure feels like I'm constantly eating. So I've been grabbing for things like apples, bananas, cereal (whole grains as much as possible), water, etc... Haven't really been craving anything as of late aside from my normal pickle addiction.
Anyway, wrapping this up. Here, have a sneak peek at my latest maternity session with RubieD Photography <3 :)

No comments:
Post a Comment