Monday, March 5, 2012

Maternity shopping~

Tired of feeling pudgy and having to secretly (embarassingly) partially unzip my pants at work, I have finally tortured myself in to going to the mall in search of, as I so endearingly call them, 'pudgy clothes'. I don't really mean shopping for large clothes, honestly, I mean pregnancy wear. But, I personally find it comical and endearing to call them 'pudgy clothes' ;)

I found two shirts at JC Penny for $12. A plain, cotton purple and a plain cotton teal short sleeved top. Their pants were rather disappointing and the section smelled like stale cigarettes and BO. Though I think that was partly due to a handful of people from the same group shopping together...

I left JCP and tried checking other stores, like Dress Barn and Maurices, for 'pudgy people clothes' - they did not have an appropriate section.

I then ventured in to the most amazingly awesome store ever - MOTHERHOOD (maternity). It's a slightly overpriced ($30 for a shirt) store that sells nothing but maternity wear. They even sell LONG/TALL pants! I was in heaven. The pants were $40 a piece so I only bought a pair of jeans. Sad to say I think I am going back tonight to see if they have any black/khaki pants so I have more to wear to work. I also got 3 shirts that were really cute/stylish and a really awesome white shrug to wear over tanks/tshirts to dress them up and make them more work appropriate. I also got a fun gift bag which contained my first ever baby bottle! A small ADVENT bottle :D



I was quite pleased with my purchases. I even was able to get my free pretzel from Aunt Annies (glorious heaven soaked in butter)! I considered it a total win of a day.

2 comments:

  1. There is a Motherhood Maternity OUTLET in Johnson Creek - might wanna check that out, to save a few pennies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, outlet shopping! I forget there's an outlet mall in JC - I really need to get out there sometime! Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete