Monday, March 19, 2012

Getting the itch...

I'm starting to get the designer's itch. I'm addicted to Pinterest and there's soooo many cute ideas out there. At first I was confident I could go without knowing what the baby was going to be. But now I want to plan! I want to decorate! I want to make cute things! (The husband doesn't know it yet, but, we're going to be doing a loooot of repainting this summer.. Might hire some professionals to tackle the big room. It definitely needs a paint job.) I've been pinning a lot of girly stuff but I'm pretty sure it's a boy, so I've been trying to pin both neutrals and for each gender. I have my next appointment on Thursday and then we SHOULD be able to schedule our next appointment for our ultrasound!!!! I didn't think I'd be so excited.

I'm actually a little nervous for Thursday's appointment. I haven't heard the baby's heartbeat in 4 weeks now and since it's still early I really don't get to feel it move. I always have a fear in the back of my head that I'll have a missed miscarriage. I think it's a fear every Mommy has until they start feeling the kicks around 20 - 24 weeks.

I do think I felt the froggy move for the first time last week Thursday. I was sitting at a stop light and felt the weirdest sensation in my lower abdomen. Have you ever seen a goldfish flutter its tail as if in a hurry to swim the other direction? I swear I felt three quick flutters. It wasn't a bubble, or a gurgle, or a pain; it was as if that fish was in my lower tummy, swimming to the other side. I haven't felt anything since then, but it was such a weird feeling! When describing it to my friends and family I said it sort of felt like when your hand goes numb and you try touching your face or arm with it. Even though its YOUR hand, it feels foreign, weird. But not in a bad way, if that makes any sense? It was a delightful feeling and I hope that means good things.
In the back of my head however I do worry that the fluttering was the baby struggling and it's now not alive.. I guess I'll find out on Thursday. I'm sure it's fine, right?

Anyway, I'm going to wrap it up here. I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. *HUGS* I'm sure everything will turn out just fine.

    And decorating is fun, even if it's just looking at stuff and doing it in your head.

    ReplyDelete