So, like many pregnant women, I get asked one of the most popular questions: How far along are you? I can answer them lickity split with how many weeks I am but then laugh as their poor brains try to figure out what that equates to in months. I mean, I know I couldn't do it in my head! So I found this chart online to help answer that dreaded question.
A pregnancy is 40 weeks from your last menstrual period. Most people consider that to be 9 months.
Divide 40 weeks by 9 months. This gave the estimate that each month of pregnancy is roughly 30.8 days or 4.4 weeks long (let's pretend February doesn't exist, hm?).
Therefore, at 14 weeks (14*7=133 days, 133/30.8 = 3.18 months) I am now exactly 3.18 months pregnant! (Wow, that's it? Haha! 14 weeks sounds so much better than that!)
Divide 40 weeks by 9 months. This gave the estimate that each month of pregnancy is roughly 30.8 days or 4.4 weeks long (let's pretend February doesn't exist, hm?).
Therefore, at 14 weeks (14*7=133 days, 133/30.8 = 3.18 months) I am now exactly 3.18 months pregnant! (Wow, that's it? Haha! 14 weeks sounds so much better than that!)
Here's a handy dandy chart for you to use and share with your friends:
1 month = 4w 3d
2 months = 8w 6d
3 months = 13w 1d
4 months = 17w 4d
5 months = 22w 0d
6 months = 26w 3d
7 months = 30w 5d
8 months = 35w 1d
9 months = 40w
Happy mathing! :0)
Oh, and HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment