We had our second doctor's appointment today! Hooray! Tomorrow I will be 15 weeks pregnant and my doctor says things look marvelous. As always, I was nervous laying there, waiting for him to find the little froggy. I was surprised how quickly he was able to find the froggy right away. We heard the heartbeat for a good 10 seconds and then the froggy swam aside. The doc chased him and we got to hear him some more. It was funny realizing the little one was in there, swimming around, and I was pretty oblivious to it! It's such a weird thing.
And of course, my fears of the froggy being gone are completely quelled for now. I heard the heartbeat, I feel better. It was a nice 145 bpm, down from 160 after the first appointment, which the doctor said was perfectly normal and a great strong heartbeat. The little one was in a perfect spot size wise, too, my uterus was at a good height for being a day from 15 weeks (so he says).
I've also never been scolded for losing weight before. I've always been heavy, my whole life. Every appointment I've ever been to I've always had the "exercise and good eating" talk. Well this time I got weighed and was DOWN 2.5 lbs from my first appointment. This is after developing this belly of mine and going up a cup size for my bra! I was excited for the news but the doctor told me to not worry about the number and to focus on eating more. I don't know how that's possible because I eat a lot (I think) but I'll make sure to listen to him as best I can. I would rather lose weight weight though and gain baby weight (have it balance out?) but I'm not going to make a habitual visit to the gym I guess.
Our next appointment is on 4/20 and our ULTRASOUND when we see what our froggy is happens on 4/27!!!! I am so excited! :) The doctor said by my next appointment I should be feeling the baby move more consistently. I'm looking forward to that, but like every Mom in gestation I'm sure I'll get sick of it pretty quickly!
Ok, my day of cloud nine is coming to an end. I'm always super excited and uplifted the day I have these appointments <3
All for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment