I lovingly refer to my son as "Chewy" on the internet. I have a few reasons behind this, mainly because I really want to protect my son's identity but still want to share the crap out of our lives. The name came to me one evening as my husband watched Star Wars on Spike (seriously, when ISN'T Star Wars on Spike TV?) and Chewbacca was on screen, roaring in his throat/tongue trilling way. It reminded me of the noises my son had just started to make. Raw, loud, trying to get our attention. He was also starting to teeth at the time and was seriously chewing and gumming everything in sight. In that moment, I had an epiphany and decided, for now, to start calling him Chewy.
The name will change as he grows older (it started with "Little Froggy", after all) but for now, Chewy is my handsome, determined, learning, loving little boy.
 |
| Taken mid-May 2013, 7 months old, sucking and gumming an apple |
No comments:
Post a Comment