Sunday, September 23, 2012

Labor can be so frustrating...

Hello from the 4am crew here at St. Mary's Hospital. I've been here since 7:30pm Friday night. My journey started on Thursday, actually, when I went to my doctor for a weekly check. I was post-due a week and they wanted me to come see them for another non-stress test and an ultrasound. So, I did. This time the non-stress test went really well and I didn't have to go running to St. Mary's for further testing. After that was my ultrasound. Baby was fairly low on amniotic fluid. Still in an ok range but on the very low end of passing. That concerned my doctor and he wanted to induce the next day based on gestational age, low fluid, and my own discomfort.
You would think this would be a marvelous thing. I mean, I sure did! I was ready to get this show on the road and meet my son. I get in on Friday and the admittance process took roughly 2 hours. After a check to see if my own labor had started (it hadn't) I was given an IV. Ugh, from that point on I should have known this whole show was going to be an obstacle... More to come later. It's hard blogging from your phone at 4am in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment