Friday, September 14, 2012

40 weeks means nothing


So you endure 40 weeks of pregnancy, congrats. But guess what, that doesn't matter. You go your whole pregnancy being told your baby is measuring perfect and will most likely come on time. Then the day comes! 40 weeks! And you just want him out, sick of being pregnant, sick of the sciatic pain, sick of the contractions that have been going on for a week plus, sick of the questions, sick of peeing every hour at night and waking up from intense pain in your feet/legs/hips/heartburn/ligament stretching, etc...
However, like I said, your due date means nothing. It comes and you're so excited that today could be the day! ...And nothing happens. You're still pregnant, despite weeks of your doctor calling an on-time delivery. I can't tell you just how defeated, disheartened, and depressed it leaves you. It feels like you've done something wrong, like you're being punished. I can only hope this baby decides to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment