Friday, June 15, 2012

Updates and feeling like death warmed over...


Bleeeeh..... I was up this morning from 2:30 - 3:30 thanks to some horrible heart burn that no tums would touch, a sour stomach, and the other unplesantries that come out your bottom when you have a tummy ache. While I was feeling miserable, Froggy decided he too was not comfortable and was break-dancing the whole while. There is nothing that makes you feel worse than when you have little feet and hands hitting your innards while they're doing somersaults. I managed to keep my whatever was in my tummy at that point down though, thankfully. I finally got back to sleep but it wasn't nearly enough cause now I'm a zombie. I've got that warm clammy feeling that makes you feel weird/off after taking like a 45 min. nap. You just feel off, nauseated, etc.

Anyway, I had to do my glucose test this morning. The drink itself was pretty decent, not as bad as people have said. But the horrific heartburn that resulted as soon as it was consumed was just awful!!! But, blood's drawn now and I had some oatmeal and got some antacids and now I'm feeling not as death warmed over, but still pretty crappy. My test results came back already and I'm not at risk for having Gestational Diabetes. Yay! The doc said my weight gain is on track too (I never thought I'd see/say those words in my life, ever) and I'm measuring ok/almost to the dot (whatever that means).


My newest symptoms as of late:
Cankles. Yes, you read that right. My lovely boney ankles have taken on a tree stump like appearance. I never thought I would miss my ankles. My feet are also joining them in the swelling department, my shoes are tight and uncomfortable. I'm trying to get some slip-ons that aren't tevas so I can wear them at work without getting dirty looks.

Baby gear update:
We have a CRIB!!!!!
So there's a funny story to this. We go to Burlington last night and Jake and I decide this is the one we want. We go to order and the lady goes "Oh... Um, we have a 12 - 20 week wait period on this particular one..." Jake and I decide we'd risk it and see what happens. I get home that night and go to the Simmons Kids furniture site and they have on their page a "Burlington Coat Factory Collection" but it does not list the Horizon set. This triggered some sort of panic inside me and I called the manufacturer to see if it was being phased out and if they expected to get more in stock. They said it was a popular collection and that they were completely sold out but were getting more from overseas by late August. I talked to Jake and was disappointed because we thought we'd probably be better off cancelling the order. An hour ago I get a call from Burlington - surprise, our crib is ALREADY here!!!!! Ack! So what we were expecting to take a long time to get here ended up getting here a LOT sooner than we expected. We're gonna check it to make sure that it's the right one before we take it home. With how quickly it showed up, I'm almost skeptical. Ah well, we'll see what happens :)

Anyway, I'm still feeling like death warmed over so I'm going to stop blabbing here.
Have a great weekend!
<3

1 comment:

  1. Yay crib, yay your test coming back.

    Oh and we have a gift for you and the little one.

    ReplyDelete