Since I have absolutely no focus or desire to do anything right now, I thought I'd post a quickie :)
Tying my shoes is becoming an Olympic event
Come one, come all to see the amazing long-legged girl bend in ways unknown to simply tie her own shoes!!!
For those of you who might not realize, I have really really long legs. It's a long way to my feet from my hips. Froggy's not liking me bringing my knee up and tying my shoes anymore. I think I'm squishing him. I need to find new shoes that don't tie, I think. Or find a new way to bend my legs in different directions..
Feeling sad when reading baby updates from those baby sites
I have an app on my phone that tells me daily things (like, did you relax today? did you drink your water? did you know your baby can now suck its thumb? etc..) The one lately I've been reading is: Your baby can hear you! Sing to it, talk to it, and it will move/react to your voice!!!!!!!
...Only, not with mine, apparently. He's situated so far back I wonder what he truly can hear and if he IS reacting to my voice and I just don't feel it..? It kinda makes me sad. I want to be able to talk to my belly and have it FEEL like there's something in there and it's not just this huge mound of hard fat. I feel like I'm not bonding with the baby at all. It's just there. I feel like I've been sort of robbed of this experience just because of where my placenta is situated.
Speaking of placenta and movements and such... Anyone who's been through this baby-baking thing before, is it normal to have days where you just feel "weird"? For example, today I haven't felt him move around a ton but I feel like he's pressing against an organ or something and whatever it is is making me feel funny. Not ha-ha funny but weirdly not feeling good weird inward bubbling sensation. Iunno, it's hard to put a finger on it. It's probably from him stretching things around. I have my next OB appointment on Friday (where I get to take my lovely glucose test) so I'll see what they say if I still feel weird.
All for now <3
I wore slip on shoes/sandals the whole time I was pregnant both times. I thought the worst part was shaving my legs!!! I didn't really care during the winter with Shepard, but it kind of felt important all summer with Caden!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the baby can hear you wherever he is. And I think it's totally normal to feel weird all the time. I honestly hated being pregnant because I felt uncomfortable, sick, gross, etc. ALL the time. It's just not that fun.
Shaving my legs is a pretty normal acrobatic feat most days anyway - now I just need to make sure I hold on to the wall so I don't fall. Jake was cute and asked if I wanted a shower chair *giggle* No, I'm ok for now, haha. I wish I could find some slip on sneakers or something... Normal slip on shoes don't give me any arch support and adding an insole makes the shoes tight. I've been looking but haven't really had much luck.
ReplyDeleteI haven't gotten to the hate part of being pregnant, yet. I'm sure that will come as he gets bigger. It's definitely made me sore and uncomfortable so it's been more a slight hindrance than anything.