Hot Flashes
90% of women report having hot flashes during pregnancy. I have been warned that I will "get hot" later on in my pregnancy - I have to wonder if the hot flashes are part of this or in addition to..? Regardless, I have been experiencing hot flashes this week. It started on Sunday and for short periods of time my face would just feel really really hot. It would go away, but I was a little worried about it. Doctor told me not to worry and that it was normal. He also said that since I'm getting hot flashes, to expect some hormonal rollercoastering as well. I guess that explains why on Sunday I was so ornery and down on myself. Ah, the joys of emotions... XP
Hormonal Headaches
I am no stranger to headaches and migraines. I was on immitrex for a while cause I used to get pretty severe migraines. Thankfully I've waned off of needing to take that and have been able to deal pretty adequately with my headaches. What has not been fun is waking up with a headache that I can't shake with Tylenol because it's hormonal related. It's just an overall yucky feeling.
Stretching
Eh, kind of something you assume happens anyway.. Today for example, my stomach feels tight and itchy. It's stretching, I know this, but it's uncomfortable and actually hurts a bit. I now know why pregnant ladies rub their bellies - it's not 100% for the kicking baby inside, it's cause they hurt and the rubbing makes it feel just a little better.
Oh the itchiness is going to get soooo much worse!!! I don't remember it bugging me with Shepard, though, so maybe by your second child that's something you don't deal with as much. That's interesting about the hot flashes! I've never heard that before. I must be in the 10% that didn't have them. Not fun!
ReplyDeleteI picked up some lotion to hopefully help. The itchies are crazybad right now and the tightness doesn't really help.
DeleteI didn't know about the hot flashes either until I called about them. I thought there was something wrong with me. I'm glad there isn't (that I know of?) but I did not know that fact. The fun things we learn and go through for our children :)