Continuing with the theme, things they don't tell you before you get pregnant! (I purposefully posted this info on the 2nd so you wouldn't think I was pulling a prank on you! ;) )
Prenatal DHA pills
Do yourself a favor. You will love me for this advice, I promise. Doctors tell you to take a prenatal vitamin with a DHA (fish oil) supplement. You will want to do this as studies have shown it helps with brain development and is really good for you, too. (I also heard it helps with morning sickness too. I never had that too horribly so I am not a good test case for any sort of results on that.) I have found Target sells a generic version of a plant-based DHA pill. I don't know about you, but fish burps are DISGUSTING!!!! I have always had a hard time taking any sort of fish oil supplement. It tastes disgusting going down and coming back up. So when I found this plant-based solution, which is just as good, I hopped on that wagon as fast as I could. They are very easy on my tummy and I've never had a nasty burp/heartburn from taking the pill yet :)
Linea Nigra
No, I am not being racist. Some women get a faint line on their tummies that appears right below the navel and goes down to their pelvic bone called the Linea Nigra. I discovered I have developed this line. For some women it's a dark line, for some it's faint. On me, it's pretty faint. I hope it stays that way.
I was also sent this fun link at work today from one of my coworkers with a young child. People say it gets easier...
More to come!
- Liz
That link about things getting easier is SO true!! I say enjoy that first year because it only gets harder! The circumstances are different, but you'll wish for those "hard" days back again!
ReplyDelete