Sunday, December 18, 2011

The start of our story


TTC #1, cycle attempt: 1

So, my story thusfar: Jake and I were married on October 1st, 2011. We both knew we wanted to start having children pretty early on so in preparation, I stopped taking my birth control pills back in October of 2011. I was on them mainly for complications with my monthly friend and when my friend visited in October, it was a pretty miserable month for me.

Anyway, I decided once I stopped the pill to start tracking my cycles and temping every morning to track where things were. It was actually pretty fun seeing the science behind being a woman :) I used FertilityFriend to keep track of all my symptoms, dates, etc. I wanted to give my body at least a 2 month break before we decided to start trying. Growing up, my Mom would tell me of all these miscarriages she had before having me and all the troubles she had with pregnancies so I assumed it was going to take us some time to get pregnant. So I tempted, tracked, recorded, etc and got pretty good at it. I am hoping once we start actually trying we'll have some good luck.

I hope you hang around with us on our journey! Starting with trying to get pregnant, (hopefully) having a successful pregnancy, and (hopefully) experiencing the birth and life of our first child.

- Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment